"'Tis but thy name that is my enemy. Thou art thyself, though not a Montague.
What’s Montague? It is nor hand, nor foot, Nor arm, nor face, nor any other part
Belonging to a man. O, be some other name! What’s in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other word would smell as sweet..."

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Tears Shed For Whom?


The events that have happened today were much unexpected. It all started off as a regular day. I was just sitting in my room when my nurse runs in and breaks some horrible news. Tybalt has been killed. The worst part of it is, Romeo is the one who killed him. The prince has banished Romeo. Romeo is given the chance to leave Verona forever. If he is found within the city he will be executed.
I was shocked! I knew I had to see my love one more time. I sent the nurse to the Friars cell to find Romeo and have him come to her before he leaves the city. My husband and I spend his last night together. Then he left. My mother walks in the room immediately after Romeo leaves. She announces to me that she wants me to marry Paris this week! I of course become angry. Then my father threatens to disown me if I don’t marry him so I reluctantly agree. When my parents leave I ask my nurse for advice. But the Nurse says I should marry Paris because Romeo is as good dead. Seeing that the nurse is no help I lie to my mother and tell her I am going to friar’s cell for confession.

No comments:

Post a Comment